Welcome to Soxer
Soxer is a web publishing platform.
It forms a very thin layer above Sinatra and aims to be fast, extensive, dynamic and easy to use.
The idea behind Soxer
Soxer is the exact opposite of the current CMS systems. In fact it's only 12.6 KB of Ruby code, sitting atop of Sinatra. Soxer is aimed at serving small to medium sized websites, which need all the flexibility and none of the clutter.
Soxer in short...
- It does not use a database, but rather - maps URLs to files on a disk.
- The file format is standard YAML and the rest is your playground :).
- It provides many goodies out of the box: Atom feeds, sitemap files, breadcrumb trails, google analytics, google ads etc...
- It's so fast (to use and to run) it makes your monit or bleed.
- If used in conjunction with Haml and Sass, it reduces your codebase from 30% to 100% compared to any other solution we know of.
- Soxer is written in Ruby and uses Sinatra